Printing photographs

geordiepaul2001 10:07 09 Mar 08

I have recently purchased an Epson RX560 photo printer as a result of problems with my kodak printing dock.

I have managed to print an A4 photo (at the 3rd attempt) which seems fairly good quality.
The problem I am having is when printing to the photo paper I used to use with the kodak printing dock (normal photo size).
The ink seems to sit on top of the paper and not be absorbed.
Not sure whether its something I am doing wrong, or simply incompatible paper.

Any ideas?

This is almost certainly a paper problem, the Kodak printer dock is a thermal printer and the paper is not suitable for the RX560 which is an inkjet printer. Choice Stationery supply suitable paper at reasonable prices.

geordiepaul2001 10:21 09 Mar 08

Thanks for the fast reply, at least I can stop wasting paper by trying different methods now.

Off to part with some hard earned cash now

anchor 14:24 09 Mar 08

It seems that even different ink-jets have their preferences. I once tried HP glossy photo paper on my Epson, and the effect was exactly as you described.

If you decide to try Choice Stationery, there is 25% off until midnight Monday 10th March.

click here

Totally-braindead 16:30 09 Mar 08

I've got 2 Epsons and the only paper I had that it didn't like was Kodak Photo paper. Why I don't know but the printouts on both printers was rather poor. LIDL are doing some paper next week. Wednesday I think and that might be worth trying 240gsm photoglossy. Can't remember the make but I think it was £3.99 for 50 A4 sheets or they have photo size sheets as well.

BT 17:12 09 Mar 08

Try here
click here
for very good value and quality paper.

On the subject of Epson printers I as told quite a while ago to use the 'Photo Quality Glossy Film' setting when printing on Photo paper. It uses much less ink and the results are just as good.

bluto1 18:38 09 Mar 08

Good photo paper is essential and minimum weight should be 230gsm. Higher is better.

Ashrein 19:03 09 Mar 08

The photo paper that Totally-braindead mentions at LIDL is click here

anchor 14:53 10 Mar 08

Totally-braindead: Now you mention it, I recall that my Epsons did not like Kodak paper either.

Does anyone know if the Lidl paper is compatible with Epsons?.

Totally-braindead 15:40 10 Mar 08

I had REX paper I got from ALDIs when they were selling it and it was perfect.
The LIDL Agfa paper I have never tried so I don't know.

I have tried Choicestationerys own brand paper and thats fine.

To be honest with you at that price for that thickness of paper I think I'll give it a bash. Unless of course someone with an Epson chips in and says they tried it and it was no use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…