Printing a .pdf file

Mr. Chips 01 Oct 09

I should know how to do this ... but my mind has gone blank!

I need to build a link from a webpage which will open a .pdf file and display it to the user in Adobe Acrobat, ready for printing.

What is the html code for this please

Forum Editor 01 Oct 09

is upload the PDF file to the server, and include a hyperlink to it on your web-page. Your site visitors' browsers will do the rest, and they'll be able to print easily enough.

Mr. Chips 02 Oct 09

Yes ... agreed ... that is what I have been doing .... but ... this is the resonse I get!

UOTE
Multiple Choices
The document name you requested (/menu one.pdf) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.
Available documents:

/menu one.htm (common basename)
Please consider informing the owner of the referring page about the broken link.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNQUOTE

The .pdf file is in the root and can be summoned from the remote site .... but IE8 can't open it for some reason ..

any ideas?

Mr. Chips 02 Oct 09

I have just discovered that the browser did not like the space in the file name (bad practice anyway).

With no spaces it works OK.

Thanks for your time in helping ... it is appreciated

Mr. Chips 02 Oct 09

I used to use hyphens to improve legibilty ... but then found that Access queries separated them into 'syllables'.

I use underscores now! ... (usually ... missed it this time)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message