Printing a .pdf file

Mr. Chips 16:22 PM 01 Oct 09

I should know how to do this ... but my mind has gone blank!

I need to build a link from a webpage which will open a .pdf file and display it to the user in Adobe Acrobat, ready for printing.

What is the html code for this please

Forum Editor 23:14 PM 01 Oct 09

is upload the PDF file to the server, and include a hyperlink to it on your web-page. Your site visitors' browsers will do the rest, and they'll be able to print easily enough.

Mr. Chips 09:37 AM 02 Oct 09

Yes ... agreed ... that is what I have been doing .... but ... this is the resonse I get!

Multiple Choices
The document name you requested (/menu one.pdf) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.
Available documents:

/menu one.htm (common basename)
Please consider informing the owner of the referring page about the broken link.

The .pdf file is in the root and can be summoned from the remote site .... but IE8 can't open it for some reason ..

any ideas?

Mr. Chips 10:17 AM 02 Oct 09

I have just discovered that the browser did not like the space in the file name (bad practice anyway).

With no spaces it works OK.

Thanks for your time in helping ... it is appreciated

Mr. Chips 12:42 PM 02 Oct 09

I used to use hyphens to improve legibilty ... but then found that Access queries separated them into 'syllables'.

I use underscores now! ... (usually ... missed it this time)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…