Printing PDF documents is taking forever!

Doire_Bhoy 14:27 07 Nov 05

Using Arcobat Reader 7. Trying to print out 20 pages but its taking forever. Any ideas?

The printer is networked by the way. The network is fine also.

Thanks for the help.

wee eddie 14:38 07 Nov 05

or

Is it taking a long time to load the PDF file from Windows

Doire_Bhoy 14:44 07 Nov 05

The PDF file loads ok, but when i try and print it it takes ages. Even getting into print properties seems a struggle.

ACOLYTE 14:47 07 Nov 05

When you say the printer is networked,do you mean you are usinsg it shared from another pc,or is the printer on the pc you are using?,if its on another pc try printing from the pc the printer is installed on.

Doire_Bhoy 15:07 07 Nov 05

The person is using it shared on another PC. The computer its attached to is having the same problems (as are most other people in the office)

Printing in other applications (ie Word) is fine. Its just in PDF that problems arise.

wee eddie 16:40 07 Nov 05

What size is the PDF File?

Is the problem only related to that PDF file, all PDF files, or all documents?

Doire_Bhoy 08:16 08 Nov 05

The PDF file is aropund 20 pages.
The problem only occurs when printing PDF documents.

wee eddie 08:23 08 Nov 05

xxx Kb or xxxMb?

Doire_Bhoy 08:26 08 Nov 05

wee eddie not too sure how much Mb it is as im out of the office today. However the user said yesterday that since last Friday, printing has slowed up.
Before Friday he said the printing of PDF gave him no trouble at all.
He hasnt installed any new software and i have cleared his cookies/temp folder and checked his hard drive too.

De Marcus™ 08:29 08 Nov 05

PDF's tend to be a fair bit larger in size (mb's)than most other documents in general, perhaps theres a bottleneck somewhere in the network, it would be my first suggestion and investigation.

wee eddie 08:35 08 Nov 05

If his printer is using the Windows Printing System rather than On-printer Memory/storage.

Then the transfer of large PDF files could take a while. I have looked at some of my stored PDF and they range in size from 320Kb to 5.8Mb. The number of pages does not seem to be exactly related to the size. The largest is a 56 page, graphics heavy, Catalogue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…