Printing via Parallel /usb to parallel cable.

Allan RISC OS user 14:21 19 Feb 04

EPSON Stylus Photo700
HP Pavilion 7940
I am still having great problems printing to the above printer from my PC.
I have a direct parallel cable and a usb to parallel cable both give the same problems.
The first few lines of a web page which may or may not contain graphics will be printed, followed by a carriage return giving a new page, then the rest of the page will start to print but a few lines down, the carriage return or new page is sent and the lst line or so will be printed but only faintly, and on the new page the rest of the printer head pass for the line will again be printed faintly followed by a few lines printed correctly, an A4 sheet may end up being printed on 5 sheets of paper. I have re-installed the drivers.

I also use the printer with my RISC OS computer and this prints ok, so this would see to prove the printer ok as the same leads have been used to prove the point, can anyone help!!! Please!

It does not seem to matter if I use Word, Page Plus 9 or Notepad.

At present I have to export via my LAN to RISC OS to be able to print anything correctly.

Allan RISC OS user 14:27 19 Feb 04

re may last request the OS for the PC is ME.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…