Printing Page Numbers on PREVIOUSLY PRINTED PAGES

roHco 10:58 26 Feb 04

Word 2000 and Lexmark Z51
Can Word 2000 be set to print page numbers for batches of already printed but un-numbered pages?
Setting a Page Series in the Print Dialog does not work unless the page text is being printed at the same time.
Manually changing each page number in the Footer produces the desired result but is a t e d i o u s process.
Any effective methods known or available ?

Jester2K 11:10 26 Feb 04

Why not set up a series of pages each with a few words on them. Make sure the page numbers are correct then change the text to White. It'll print pages with just the page numbers on!

Then just feed the pages through in the correct order...

Don't forget to do a test print first...

tbh72 11:28 26 Feb 04

The simpliest method I can think of would be to create "Headers & Footers", then generate as many page numbers as you want. Simply reprint the pages you have already done by running them through the printer for a second time.

woodchip 11:42 26 Feb 04

The best way is. just start a new Doc Add a Number on the Page whare you what to put it then insert a new Page and so on until you have all the Pages put the Pages in Printer in correct order and print

dave h 11:50 26 Feb 04

I'd go with tbh72's method. Generate an automatic page number in a 'Header ' (or 'Footer').

Then you would have to scroll the cursor down that document until you had generated the required number of blank pages, insert the already printed document in the printer and print.

Tog 12:11 26 Feb 04

Don't bother scrolling, use 'insert', 'break...', page break

roHco 16:48 04 Mar 04

Many thanks to all those who responded.
The task has now been completed using the 'white text' method to achieve a page-to-page trigger with numbering sequences in the footer.
Iam saving the other suggestions for further
research and experiment.
Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…