Printing in only one colour

Peterped 22:21 02 May 03

I have a hp deskjet930c and when i go into toolbox and then ink levels it shows that the colour cartridge is at 50% but when i print it only prints in one colour(blue) the other two colours are missing, is it just a duff cartridge or is there anything i can do?

caast ©™ 22:44 02 May 03

Try cleaning the cartridge I think you can do this within the tool box.

Failing that if you have been using the other colours a lot you will find it is empty and just needs replacing. It may be showing 50% as you still have blue in the tank.

woodchip 22:58 02 May 03

I think you will find you need a new print head, What the cartridge fit's in, they only last for so long. I have a old olivetti printer not used now but a print head lasted about four cartridges

Peterped 18:52 03 May 03

Thanks caast but I've tried cleaning in toolbox, and when I go into it shows all 3 colours at 50%,
and woodchip, on an hp printer the print head is on the cartridge. Thank anyway it looks like I'll have to get a new cartridge.

woodchip 19:00 03 May 03

Some4 years ago a friend had HP bought a HP cartridge and it would not work it was just a faulty one. So you can take comfort from that

pj123 19:12 03 May 03

Try this. Get a saucer or shallow dish and put some kitchen paper on it and then pour some very hot but not boiling water to soak the kitchen paper. stand the cartridge on the kitchen paper and leave to soak for about 15 minutes. wipe dry and reinstall in the printer. and try again.

wee eddie 17:31 04 May 03

This appears to be a suitable case for a freebie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…