Printing on a networked HP1220c from W7

besuk 13:32 13 Aug 10

Hi, we have recently changed our PCs in the office (small office, only 10 users)to adopt W7. We share a HP1220c printers for A3 printing. This printer is connected to one PC with Windows XP on, and the PC is on the office LAN. At the moment, it is impossible for us to print from our new W7 PCs on this printer, before it was never a problem.
Could anyone help, please ?
Thank you

gengiscant 13:44 13 Aug 10

1.Open Printers by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Printers.

2.Click Add a printer.

3.In the Add Printer Wizard, select Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.

4.In the list of available printers, select the one you want to use, and then click Next. If your computer is connected to a network, only printers listed in Active Directory for your domain are displayed in the list.

5.If prompted, install the printer driver on your computer. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

6.Complete the additional steps in the wizard, and then click Finish.

Ian in Northampton 14:07 13 Aug 10

I had this exact same problem on a home network. The situation turned out to be remarkably simple (although it took e ages to work out what it was). I navigated to 'Network', then to the XP machine that the printer is attached to, right clicked on the printer icon and clicked 'connect'. I was then asked if I wanted to allow the driver to install. I said yes - and I was connected to the printer.

besuk 17:16 13 Aug 10

Gengiscant and Ian, thank you for your kind advice. I have tried both suggested ways, but without success. For the moment, I have resorted to send the files that I want to print to a computer with Windows Xp, because from there it is possible to print on this printer. I f I get fed up with it, I think I will end up buying a new network A3 printer.
Thanks anyway.

T0SH 19:18 13 Aug 10

Windows 7 will if given even less than half a chance create a homegroup (which is like a workgroup but exclusively for Windows 7 machines) so you may need to manualy create a workgroup with the same name as the XP machines currently have and then try to add the printer as a network printer attached to another PC in the workgroup

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…