Printing on a network

LAPTOPBABE 23:03 22 Mar 07

I had no problems getting my printer to print through my router, but when i tried to do my brothers it is giving this error message 'a startdocprinter is not issued'. I did the network wizard on the laptop and enabled the share printer thing. The laptop is xp media centre and the pc is xp and the printer is a lexmark x600 or some such thing. At the time there was a problem with no internet which is another story, would that make any difference?
Thanks.
Julie

recap 12:17 23 Mar 07

Are the drivers and software loaded on your brothers system?

LAPTOPBABE 13:21 23 Mar 07

yes they are, obviously they were already on the pc and I then put the software on the laptop before trying it. I have never come across this error message before.

Strawballs 09:43 25 Mar 07

Did you go to start > printers & faxes > add a new printer > network printer then browes for the printer click on the printer and follow instructions?

LAPTOPBABE 15:46 25 Mar 07

Yes i did. It seems like its going to work ok and the box comes up as if its going to start and then the error message comes up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…