Printing m/s works spreadsheet

Creditman 13:14 05 Jan 04

The print command in the print dialog box under the File heading is not working. The screen refreshes with a blank page under the original document heading & nothing happens. When I close the doc,I get the usual M/s window saying that the spreadsheet program is not responding etc. I can print by clicking the printer icon in the tool-bar but this is no good when I only want to print a specific page. Printing of works w/p & database docs is fine.I am using M/S Works v.6 on Windows XP & encountered this problem today after 6 months of no trouble. The printer itself seems fine so I think it must be an M/S software problem. Any ideas please ? p.s I did report it to M/S but this never seems to give any result. Thanks.

Lozzy 13:42 05 Jan 04

What version of works are you running and version of Windows??

If your running Windows XP try running the repair option for MS Works from within Add/Remove programs.

captain birdseye 14:36 05 Jan 04

I'm not familiar with this particular package but in MS Excel (as part of the MS Office package) you can select the area to print by highlighting the area to print (hold down left mouse button whilst dragging over required cells) and going to File >Print Area >Set print area. This may work for you.

wee eddie 22:24 05 Jan 04

File open > define area to be printed > view print preview > return to print options > select fit to page or define which page > recheck print preview > select number of copies > print.

The greyed out box suggests a missing step!

Creditman 23:12 05 Jan 04

Thanks for suggestions. . I did check M/S support & was told that since the software was part of a bundled OEM package I should contact supplier (e-machines). In fact when I closed down & rebooted, everything worked ok so I hope problem has gone away.

woodchip 23:35 05 Jan 04

Have you got a separate disc for MSworks if so run the setup so it loads over it's self

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac