Printing a mirror image of a document in Word.

Hi there,

Can anyone help with this one? I want to print a mirror/reverse image of a document in word. The document comprises text and clip art; I'm running Windows XP, Word 2003 and an Epson Stylus photo 895 printer.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, S.

Eric10 20:17 12 Dec 04

I don't know of any way to do this directly in Word. You can flip objects but not text. You could print the page and then scan it as a picture and open this in an image program to reverse it or even just insert it back into Word where it will now be an object and can be flipped. Alternatively you could print the page on a transparency and photocopy or scan it from the wrong side.

Sapins 20:19 12 Dec 04

Hi Semit,

Go to Printer Preferences then Advanced and tick the box "Flip Horizontal" this will print the image in reverse, like if you were going to print on a Tee-Shirt.

Regards,

Sapins.

bremner 20:20 12 Dec 04

With my HP 7700 - if I choose properties in Print - under the 'Basics' tab I get the option to choose Mirror Image.

VoG II 20:21 12 Dec 04

click here

On my HP printer there is an option to print a mirror image on the Features tab if you click the Properties button on the print dialog in Word.

Sapins 11:55 13 Dec 04

Any luck then?

pj123 13:42 13 Dec 04

Yes, I also have the option to print mirror on my Epson R200. Looks like it is the printer and not word that controls the way it prints.

jack 13:58 13 Dec 04

Just in the printer mothos does not work out.Try this.
Open the Document Mixmise it on screen
Click Alt/Print Scrn.

Open a Graphic package
Create a new image.
In the new window go - Edit/Paste
Crop the Screen print image to the Document.
go to Image/Flip Save.
Just another way.
There are so many ways,in Windoze, said the perfoming lady to the Bishop

Hi,

Thank you all for your help. It does seem as if my printer has no facility in 'printing preferences - advanced' for 'flipping' or 'mirror imaging'. I will probably take a route similar to that suggested by Eric10 or jack.

But many thanks to you all.

Semit.

Sapins 17:40 13 Dec 04

I have the same printer as you, and you can flip the image as I said.

Go to: Start/Control Panel/printers and other hardware/view installed printers or fax printers.

Right click on your printer and select Printing Preferences, click on the Advanced tab and put a tick in the "flip Horizontal" box on the left hand side.

Thank you Sapins,
I missed the custom option... what am I saying? I just didn't look hard enough.

Thanks again,

Semit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…