Printing from Microsoft Office

crumbly1 17:55 09 Jun 09

This might seem a rather silly question but it is driving me mad. I have a HP printer and up until recently it worked fine, printing articles from the net, e.g. bank statements etc and letters from Microsoft Word. All of a sudden, for no known reason, it refuses to print letters etc. from Microsoft - it prints articles from the net but when I try to print from Microsoft the paper goes through OK but doesn't print. Can anyone help?

Jollyjohn 18:45 09 Jun 09

Has the black cartridge run out?

chub_tor 19:27 09 Jun 09

If web pages print OK then it won't be a cartridge problem.

Other HP users seem to have had the same problem (try Googling "pages in office print blank" and you will get several answers. The most likely seems to be this one....

"Same exact problem"

I had this same exact problem with an HP 895Cxi. The printer would not print anything on the page from applications but printed a test page just fine. I discovered that the printer was attached to the computer using a parallel cable but was capable of using USB. I uninstalled the printer and then re-installed it using the USB connection. After that, the printer worked fine.

Could this apply to you? Youi might just try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver anyway.

abbott8 17:36 11 Jun 09

might be that something has made the printer or application revert to letter size paper instead of A4, I have had this happen on several occasions and wondered why I couldn't print letters.

crumbly1 20:19 11 Jun 09

Thanks for those suggestions. I will get my head down and try them all - I am not very computer literate so it will probably take me some time. I will let you know how I get on. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…