Printing messages in Windows Mail

Chillie 11:48 30 Nov 07

I raised this subject in the Vista Forum to no avail, except for Brundle, who really tried to help. I do not know how to give you a link to that thread, but the title is the same as above.

My neighbour's new laptop has the Vista Home Basic OS, but he cannot print emails received. He just gets the header i.e. "To..From.. Subject". The message content does not print. The Print Preview shows the same info. General printing in Vista is O.K: full document printing from Word, and even web pages. Have checked Print Setup in IE, all okay. Spoke to Medion's Support, not good. Suggested I uninstall Office 2000 (Word, Excel only) or revert to 'Factory default'). Really do not want to go down that road unless absolutely necessary. Tried MS Helpline - no help, referred me back to Medion!

I am stumped and being an XP man, I have no idea how to solve this.

I do hope you can help. Many thanks

crosstrainer 11:51 30 Nov 07

Is your friend using?

Chillie 12:02 30 Nov 07

As usual, thought I would miss something!!

Printer is new - Epson D92 InkJet.

crosstrainer 12:08 30 Nov 07

The latest drivers (not the one;s supplied with the printer on the cd)

1)Uninstall the existing printer drivers, and unplug the printer.

2) Download the Vista drivers from:

click here

3) Install the drivers WITHOUT the printer connected (The software will ask you to plug the device in when required.)

4) Re-boot as asked and try again.

Chillie 14:06 30 Nov 07

Points noted. Will follow instructions and get back asap.

Many thanks
Chillie

aine 17:23 30 Nov 07

I am using Vista mail, HP printer, just done a test email print, no problem. aine

smilie59 04:07 07 Dec 07

Crosstrainer, did this solve your problem. I am getting the header only and not the message body.

I can highlight, copy and then go to print. When I do selection nothing but the message header. Same thing if I use the default of "ALL" still only the message header.

I notice though that if I go to Print and the print box is displayed. I can then choose the "OPTIONS" tab.

My thought is I can't choose any of the three options at all. It defaults to the last option. I should be able to change that option somewhere.

Smilie59

Chillie 08:43 07 Dec 07

Good morning

Have not had a chance as yet to follow Crosstrainer's suggestion. Will do so ASAP.

Smilie59, have you tried Crosstrainer's suggestion?

Chillie

Chillie 16:50 07 Dec 07

Followed your advice. No luck. Uninstalled Office 2000, again message will not print in full. Perhaps, I may have to reset system to default and start over.

Many thanks for your help.

Chillie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…