Printing a list of folders

m800afc 19:56 30 Aug 07

I have built up a large collection of audio books and music CD's. These are saved in folders and the structure is as follows:
audio books> Dean Koontz> Demon Seed
Music> Tom Waits> Franks Wild Years

All the Dean Koontz books will be in their own folder within the Dean Koontz folder. The music is similarly arranged.
How can I print out a list of all my books, and a separate list of my CD's? I would only need the author/artist level and the book/CD level. I do not need to list individual chapters or songs.

m800afc 20:58 30 Aug 07

I have just tried dirlister. Maybe I'm a bit thick but I can't get it to do what I want. The only information I need is the name of artist/group and the name of the book/album. That is all I want. I don't want file names, lengths, dates etc just folders. How can I do this easily?

GroupFC 21:26 30 Aug 07

I am not sure if I have ubderstood your folder structure or your requirements exactly but you could try this click here

m800afc 20:40 01 Sep 07

Marg7,
I have tried Dirlister again. It does not do what I want What I want is a list of folders NOT files. I would like to have a list of authors and each bokk by each author. What I don't want are tree structures, file paths, file sizes, file types or anything to do with individual files. I want a list of folders.

GroupFC 22:09 01 Sep 07

Have you had a look at File list Generator which may do what you require (see my posting above) - I can certainly get a list of just folders if I wish.

GroupFC 22:13 01 Sep 07

Alternatively have a look at Karen's Directory Printer from click here and see if that meets your needs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac