Printing a list of folders

m800afc 19:56 30 Aug 07

I have built up a large collection of audio books and music CD's. These are saved in folders and the structure is as follows:
audio books> Dean Koontz> Demon Seed
Music> Tom Waits> Franks Wild Years

All the Dean Koontz books will be in their own folder within the Dean Koontz folder. The music is similarly arranged.
How can I print out a list of all my books, and a separate list of my CD's? I would only need the author/artist level and the book/CD level. I do not need to list individual chapters or songs.

m800afc 20:58 30 Aug 07

I have just tried dirlister. Maybe I'm a bit thick but I can't get it to do what I want. The only information I need is the name of artist/group and the name of the book/album. That is all I want. I don't want file names, lengths, dates etc just folders. How can I do this easily?

GroupFC 21:26 30 Aug 07

I am not sure if I have ubderstood your folder structure or your requirements exactly but you could try this click here

m800afc 20:40 01 Sep 07

Marg7,
I have tried Dirlister again. It does not do what I want What I want is a list of folders NOT files. I would like to have a list of authors and each bokk by each author. What I don't want are tree structures, file paths, file sizes, file types or anything to do with individual files. I want a list of folders.

GroupFC 22:09 01 Sep 07

Have you had a look at File list Generator which may do what you require (see my posting above) - I can certainly get a list of just folders if I wish.

GroupFC 22:13 01 Sep 07

Alternatively have a look at Karen's Directory Printer from click here and see if that meets your needs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…