Printing landscape with HP895Cxi

Pressure_tester 21:13 11 Jan 05

Operating system is MS2000
Office 2003 just updated
Printer HP895Cxi
Toshiba laptop (not sure the number)
running at 600Mhz with 320Mb RAM

Problem: I wish to print out MS powerpoint presentations in landscape format.
I go to printer settings and select landscape, as I did with Office 2002 and when I check the preview button the print has reverted to portrait and it prints portrait.

When using other printers(I work on line)all is well.

The latest drivers have been installed, however the printer will not behave - it was even suggested that I turn the printer around quarter of a turn so that the orientation was correct for landscape - I ain't that stupid, and even the comment was made that I turn the flat screen monitor through 90 degrees - don't think so.

Our IT department are scratching 'whatever', so I now ask the professionals.

You correctly solved the last problem with MSppt.

Cook2 00:51 12 Jan 05

Printer Settings or Page Setup?

In PowerPoint select File - Page Setup, leave the printer settings alone.

(I hope I haven't misunderstood. Apologies if I have).

Cook2

Giggle n' Bits 01:12 12 Jan 05

folder.
Right click and select properties then in there you will get a tab button for Advanced.

In there go and look arround for the option you require the other way is when printing click on Print Properties before sending a print job/clicking on ok and that also takes you into the Printer settings.

Pressure_tester 21:47 12 Jan 05

I have now fixed it this way - there may be others -
First tried re-installing drive software - no good.
Then removed driver software - re-installed software. Off with the printer and computer and on - an a quick check and got it sorted.
It now can print landscape, portrait and the requested number of copies - before it would only print one, whatever the number in the request box.

It appears as if the loading of Office 2003 scrambled some of the programming of the driver software.

Thanks for the other suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…