Printing lables on DVD

March Wind 04:21 02 Mar 11

I have Windows 7 and I am trying to print a picture on a disk. I have Epson P50 printer. I would like to only see the round disk and the picture with the hole showing in the middle of the disk. I have done it before but cannot remember how. Could anyone help please?

Les28 07:52 02 Mar 11

When you open your Epson Print CD software, if you click on File from the menu bar, then Inner/Outer diameter, you can alter the settings and move the sliders to inner diameter's smallest setting of 18mm and outer diameter's largest setting of 120mm.

If you open the Epson Stylus Photo P50 manual and click on How to Print, then click on Printing on CD's and DVD's, it's explained in more detail.

1st spring 15:51 02 Mar 11

I have the manual icon on my D/T but it not open. it says file index htm. I don't know what it means. If I click on start Epson software I can open up the page where I can make a pic on a disk. I did what you said and the pic jump onto the disk nice and round but if it was hiding anything I wanted on the disk I cannot move the pic away from the middle hole. What about these settings when it comes to printing, would they be too big for the disk and end up printing part on the printer plate what ever its called.

Les28 16:18 02 Mar 11

From the buttons on the left of the Print CD window, click on Background, then on the File tab in the Select Background window browse to the Folder where your picture is located, highlight the picture with a single click and click OK and it will be added to the disk image with no overlap.

Les28 16:50 02 Mar 11

I forgot to mention the Image Adjustment button and the Clipping tab, so here goes.

From the buttons on the left of the Print CD window, click on Background, then on the File tab in the Select Background window browse to the Folder where your picture is located, highlight the picture with a single click then click on the Image Adjustment button to the right of that page, then click on the Clipping tab and you can drag the picture around over an outline of the cd's circle shape, then click OK on the clipping tab and click OK on the File tab and the picture is added in the main Print cd window in the position you dragged it to without any overlap.

lotvic 16:58 02 Mar 11

For those that don't know
'March Wind' and 'spring board' are the same person.

Please stick to just one user name to save us all confusion.

lotvic 17:06 02 Mar 11

How to print CD/DVDs with the Stylus Photo PX range and Stylus Photo P50
Try this link click here;jsessionid=D88F3F11B5EE0635626C90A8F5FE6A15.acc5-new?target=article&extn=.html&articleId=4219

lotvic 17:09 02 Mar 11

tiny link click here
(pca has trouble with ; semicolons in a URL)

1st spring 19:30 02 Mar 11

Les28. I needed what you had forgotten. Thank you very much, for the step by step instructions you gave me. I was up last night until 5am sorting this out. I forget what I do. I wrote it down but I didn't have the missing link to show me what I wanted to know. I will continue on and read Lovic's notes. No doubt there is lots I would benefit by knowing but this as been a great help to me. Thank you again.

1st spring 21:03 02 Mar 11

Lovic. My mistake. I was looking at spring board posts to see what had been suggested on this subject early hours of the morning, I forgot to go back into March Wind. I will remain under this name for this subject as I have been given some good advise.

I would like to know if it is possible to save my picture that I have put onto a disk into My Pictures folder as a picture (that looks like a CD disk). I save my projects for printing onto disk in My Pictures. Maybe I should save them in Documents not sure. I would like to be able to have the CD with a picture on it as a picture because I think it looks nice and different

Nontek 21:23 02 Mar 11

Yes it is possible to save it to your My Pictures folder - just click on File>Save as and make sure that your My Pictures folder is shown at the top of the Save as window.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced