Printing issue

wfulton_2121 15:16 14 Oct 09

Hi,

I am trying to print a document on my HP colour laser printer. The document prints as normal apart from page 5. Page 5 also has printed on it the contents of another document (which i dont even have open). This other strange document that is appearing on the print out does not appear on the screen before i press print.

The paper in the tray is blank with no previous prints on it.

ANy ideas please?

Technotiger 15:40 14 Oct 09

What if you click on File>Print Preview (assuming it would then show correctly) and then print the page?

PPike 16:54 14 Oct 09

Does this only happen on this particular document? Do you recognise the unwanted print? Is it a new problem or has it happened before and if so can you see a pattern that triggers off this oddity? It could be a corrupt driver or something stored on a hard drive perhaps.

Diemmess 17:27 14 Oct 09

My guess is that the file itself has become corrupt.
Have had this problem very occasionally in Word, and very rarely in Corel Draw, mighty annoying it can be when it seems imbedded in the file itself.

Usually, like you it often involves just one page and if you are lucky deleting that page allows the rest to print.
From memory I made an as-is copy under another name.
Deleted the naughty bit, and inserted a new page in its stead and rebuilt the original page from its components.
Worth a check every now and then to see if you are still in control.

I said, just a guess, my money is on that amazingly good but secretive MS Word rather than any printer fault.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017