Printing HP banner paper

Mike24 10:16 22 May 06

I have recently changed my printer from a HP Deskjet5150 to a HP Photosmart 8250. When considering to buy the 8250 I carefully examined the media spec. no banner paper was listed but wrongly I assumed that as HP had always added print banner paper to their software it would have been included. Wrong!! Does anyone know of a programme which will allow me to print with banner paper as I have rather a large stoc on which I print long 'Family Trees' sometimes up to 11 or 12 A4 pages long.
Would be gratefull for any assistance in this matter.

Mike

pj123 12:12 22 May 06

Don't know about the HP but my Epson R200 under Print, Properties, Paper Size I have an option "User Defined" where I can set the paper size up to 44 inches long.

Do you not have anything like that?

Hertz Van Rentyl 13:40 22 May 06

Hi same as pj123, most Epsons have a custom size and have for years, I used to print banners on the old tractor feed paper after tearing the perforations off using a Stylus2 would you believe. If you ignored the folds didn't look too bad.

Hertz Van Rentyl 13:48 22 May 06

click here

Says banner paper on here!

pj123 15:53 22 May 06

On the Hertz Van Rentyl link it also says:

Custom Media Sizes : 76mm x 101mm to 216mm x 610mm. (roughly 8 x 24 inches or about 2 x A4 lengths).

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:34 22 May 06

From the web site looks like largest custom size is 8.5 x 23.39 inches, you can make it less than 8.5 but not more than 23.39, so its small banners then it looks like.

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:51 22 May 06

This will probably do it with a bit of configuration
click here

pj123 17:34 22 May 06

Mike24, This rather large stock that you have. Is it roll paper, tractor drive or a particular size sheet?

I have used MS Publisher on a couple of occasions to make a banner for a friend for his Boot Sale Stall.

I have only printed it on multiple A4 card and then joined and sellotaped them up.

I have just checked in MS Pub and under Page Setup there is an option for Banner size up to 4.5m plus a Custom Banner setup. Whether that will work on one long piece of paper or not I don't know.

I also have Serif DrawPlus 7 and checking that out there are even more options for banner/poster size prints than there are in Publisher.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…