Printing Hotmail attachments query

Salut 10:31 16 Nov 10

I have recently entered the world of Windows7/Windows Live Mail, etc

Problems have arisen with SWMBO's Hotmail files. Attachments are received OK, however, when we view them the system uses a MS WordWebApp to open them, which in turn will not permit us to print the attachment. The attachments are in .doc format.

After the upgrade I have chosen to use only OpenOffice rather than MS Word/Works. Has this anything to do with the query? I have set OpenOffice as the default reader and that works with every other program-similarly all previous .doc files are being read without problems.

Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions would be most helpful as there are emails we need to print out rather than just read on the screen.

Thanks in advance

northumbria61 07:23 17 Nov 10

Try saving the attachment to your Desktop then right click and select "open with" - choose MS Word - then put tick in "Always use this program to open this kind of file" You should then be able to open all attachments in MS Word and Print.

Salut 09:26 17 Nov 10

Thanks for the response.

To date I have had to select all, copy and paste into OpenOffice text then print from there-a bit a faff.

I have set the default action, however, for some reason it is still not 'happy' with the attachments within Hotmail. Emails plus attachments that come through Windows Live Mail are fine...

I shall persevere, at least we have discovered a means of printing, so all is not lost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…