printing good colour

skidoo 13:06 PM 09 Jun 11

how can you print the same colour as the screen

LastChip 13:48 PM 09 Jun 11

That's your worst nightmare!

First you have to calibrate your screen and then you have to calibrate your printer and then possibly make some further minor changes.

In reality, it's close to impossible to get a perfect match, but you can come close.

Calibration equipment goes from around the £100 mark and varies in quality. You need to do a lot of research if you intend to go down that road.

Any change in ink manufacturer means you start all over again!

wee eddie 14:31 PM 09 Jun 11

You must also realise that your Screen emits light and a Picture does not.

This may seem obvious but many people do not take this into account.

skidoo 15:11 PM 09 Jun 11

Thanks guys I think I will forget about then . 73 G1-VHN

woodchip 16:00 PM 09 Jun 11

And after you payed out may be as above up to £100 and more to calibrate your Screen it still depends on the Paper and ink you are using, Your best way if its a Epson Printer is do it in the Advanced Printer Properties after you choose Print, change the colour that you think will make it better etc then print a small test photo You will need to save the above Colour Profile each time until you get it as you want it, give each a different name, and do try to stick to the same paper and ink you are using, unless you want to go through the above again. When you print again on another day you need to load the Profile after clicking print in the Advanced Printer Properties as it will default to original settings unless it can be set to use them as Default settings

woodchip 16:01 PM 09 Jun 11

PS I have gone through this Calibration lark using software and its no better than the way I posted above

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites