Printing on glossy photo paper

armand 13:32 15 Jan 04

I've got an Epson stylus photo 810 which works just dandy running compatible inks. However I just purchased some HP glossy photo paper to print some plush photos, and have found that the inks are running.

The printer settings are optimised etc, so I can only assume that either the inks/paper are not compatible. The guy in Office World reckoned it didn't matter which printer/paper you used.

Any similar experiences/ help?

^wave^ 13:37 15 Jan 04

i only use kodak paper with original ink is this the first time you have used this combination

armand 13:40 15 Jan 04

keenan 13:44 15 Jan 04

Did you change the settings in your printer to 'photo glossy paper' as the printer usually prints at a much slower rate when printing photos?

Noels 13:48 15 Jan 04

Not being funny but are you using the correct side of the paper ?? I use several different make some have an obviously dull (wrong side ) and an obviously shiney side (correct side )
other makes have both sides similar the only indication as to the correct print side is on the box or packet which should say this side up or something similar. If you use the wrong side the ink WILL run.

Regards Noels

keenan 13:50 15 Jan 04

Ooops, did,nt read post properly.
I use a C62 with compatible inks click here and have used various photo papers with no problems.

stlucia 13:52 15 Jan 04

Assuming you've checked all the suggestions above, you may have proved to yourself that the correct ink/paper combination does make a difference. If you have ended up with a duff ink or paper, other threads in this forum, such as click here , might help you on your way to finding a good product at the right price.

armand 14:15 15 Jan 04

Yup, correct settings and the paper is double sided. no difference. i contacted the retailer of the ink and they have not come across the problem before. Maybe I'll try a proper epson cartridge and see if there's any difference.

Thanks for your replies people.

stlucia 15:02 15 Jan 04

When you switch to another cartridge, it may take a few prints before the old ink is purged out of the head, so do a few test prints before judging if the changed ink has made a difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…