Printing gibberish

Bald Eagle 14:06 15 Feb 06

I am running XP Home with up to date AVG and ZoneAlarm. Twice recently when printing out an Adobe file, an E ticket from Brittany Ferries, I have printed off two copies. The first is fine but on the second one every letter and number is progressed by one, so that E12345/1 becomes F23456?2 and such as cabin becomes dbcjo. Could this be a virus? I have just downloaded the latest update of Adobe but this has occurred before and after the update.

Ray

medicine hat 16:43 15 Feb 06

This doesn't sound like the action of a virus. You also seem to be well protected from them. I therefore took a quick look at Adobe's support pages click here and these indicate that the problem is most likely due to lack of resources on your computer or your printer's memory was full. You may therefore find it useful to turn off your printer for at leaat 15secs before printing these pages. Or if you have a lot of programs hogging your PC's memory try closing them down or even uninstalling them if they are not needed.

Bald Eagle 19:42 15 Feb 06

Thanks for that medicine hat. It was probably the printer because I had a stack waiting to be printed.Word processor ones were ok.

Ray

hzhzhz 20:32 15 Feb 06

xibu b tsbohf qspcmfn

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5