Printing garbage

1832bchs 15:57 31 Oct 03

My Epson 895 has suddenly started printing pages of garbled text. I have uninstalled and re-installed making sure the drivers are up to date but still not printing properly. If I try to print a test page it prints the windows xp logo OK, then prints the driver details but spread across about 5 pages with a load of blank sheets as well. Is it time for a new printer?

Agent Smith 16:35 31 Oct 03

Have you made sure that your printer cables are securely attached. Poor cable connection can lead to garbled printing.

Diemmess 17:39 31 Oct 03

Have in the past had similar troubles when in a panic to stop printing, I switched the power off to the printer, mid flight.

It can clear by allowing it to print out its spite using lots of any old paper, reused stuff if you like ............... but perhaps this doesn't apply to you.... just thought I'd say!

1832bchs 09:08 01 Nov 03

Have checked cables, and have let it do it's worst,spewing out sheet after sheet but no luck. Ah well, trip to PC World coming up.

1832bchs 10:06 01 Nov 03

It's always the simple things isn't it? As a last resort I have changed the USB cable and hey presto, perfect prints!!!!

Agent Smith 10:09 01 Nov 03

Diemmess 10:22 01 Nov 03

As you imply, it's always the thing you didn't think of!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…