printing excel spreadsheet

herc182 12:22 27 Sep 06

dear all,

I have a spreadsheet that i want to print but it is very narrow (ie only has about 15 rows) but very long (has about 200 columns).

i was wondering, is it possible to print the first 20 columns in the top half of an a3 sheet of paper in landscape format, then the next 20 in the bottom half and so on?

otherwise i will have reems of paper to put it inot a report!

thanks

VoG II 12:28 27 Sep 06

File > Page Setup, Page tab, make sure that Landscape and A3 are selected.

Then View > Page Break Preview where you can set the column where the page break will occur.

herc182 14:16 27 Sep 06

thanks VOG. i know how to do that, but i want to print what two pages would have, on one page (since it is such a slim table) (tiled ontop of each other).

thanks

VoG II 14:22 27 Sep 06

Why not just insert a new sheet. Select the first 100 columns of data, go to the new sheet, Edit > Paste Special and tick Values. Then get the other 100 columns and Paste Special/Values underneath.

herc182 14:49 27 Sep 06

yeah I could do. just thought there might be some other quick and easy way of doing it!

thanks

picklefactory 19:01 27 Sep 06

How about using some links in the new sheet to do as VoG™ suggested but automatically. So the 'print' sheet updates itself. Is it a live workbook that just gets updated or is it constantly growing?

VoG II 19:10 27 Sep 06

Or you could record a macro whilst doing the cutting and pasting. Then the next time just run the macro.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos