Printing excel pages

ponytail 08:55 AM 03 Jun 12

I use excel to keep a up to date record of my bank account and print it off periodically which was fine but have now changed my printer to a Brother DCP-J315W Printer and I think I need to alter the settings.This is what I try to print.

Date. Debit. Credit. Supplier. Balance B/F. Done. Checked

As you can see there are eight columns but when I print the first four columns appear on one page and the other three on a seperate page on my other printer all eight columns would be on one page so how do I change the settings so they all appear on the same page also there are no lines which I would like .Can someone help.

wiz-king 09:22 AM 03 Jun 12

Go into print preview in excel and drag the blue dashed line to the end of the columns you wish to print.

ponytail 09:55 AM 03 Jun 12

Hi wiz-king not quite sure what you mean Clicked on print preview and it only shows the first four columns

ponytail 10:01 AM 03 Jun 12

Hi Again wiz-king when I click on print preview it shows the first four columns then I click on next page it shows the other three columns when they should all be on the same page

ponytail 10:06 AM 03 Jun 12

Me Again wiz-king cannot se any blue lines to move

Woolwell 13:46 PM 03 Jun 12

Try printing in landscape instead of portrait.

wiz-king 16:18 PM 03 Jun 12

Ah. may be the wrong print preview - click on view > page break preview, it should show you your columns with a vertical line of blue dashes after the first four columns which you can drag sideways to the end of the sheet.

Working from memory of 4 different versions of Excel as I dont have it on this computer!

ponytail 07:10 AM 05 Jun 12

Hi wiz-king yes have found the blue lines now and they appear after the first four columns as you say but how do I get to drag them have tried normal way but nothing seems to happen.

wiz-king 07:45 AM 05 Jun 12

Place mouse pointer on line (anywhere) and it should turn into a double headed arrow, hold down the left mouse button and drag.

ponytail 07:49 AM 05 Jun 12

Hi again wiz-king have now tried to move the blue line but seem to have made the problem worse because when I now go back to my Computer and select the drive whch contains this folder and then open the folder all I now get is about a quarter of the folder in the top L/H corner at least before when I opened the folder it was all visible the problem only occured when I wanted to print.How can I now get the folder back to how it was before I moved the blue line.I did a system restore but it did not change it.

wiz-king 08:27 AM 05 Jun 12

View > normal

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 release date, price, features UK: Free upgrade available July 29 with 10 years of free…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay