printing emails from Outlook Express

pppc 21:03 08 Nov 06

I seem to be having the same trouble as louiek - 3/8/06; I cannot print my mail from OE. I am using W XP Home, SP2. Clicking on the icon, File/Print or Control/P all evince no reaction whatsoever. Having foundf Louiek's thread, I tried SCF last night. No joy with printing, but now it takes anything between thirty seconds and over a minute to open a file or program.
Panda, Ad-Aware and SpyBot S&D find no problems.
I did install Mozilla ThunderBird a couple of weeks ago and tried it for a short period. I am not sure if the printing problem started them but it was within the same time period. (it is now uninstalled)
Does anyone have any ideas????

PeterC

VoG II 21:13 08 Nov 06

Start, Run, type

Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll

and click OK.

p;3 21:20 08 Nov 06

are you able to print anything ; will your printer do a test page print?

pppc 21:32 08 Nov 06

a) VoG Regsvr32 ran successfully (it took barely a second) but I still can't print. I don't even get a momentary hour-glass. Thanks for the response - any other ideas??

b) p;3 Yep, all my printers work quite normally from other programs

p;3 22:14 08 Nov 06

could you try a system restore to a day when you know it was working?

pppc 22:39 08 Nov 06

p:3 Thanks for the suggestion. I had thought of it but I don't know when the problem appeared _ i think I remember a difficulty some weeks ago that I ignored - and after an absence my Restore Points don't go back very far anyway.
Thank you again

P

VoG II 22:47 08 Nov 06

Try Start, Run, Type

sfc /scannow

and click OK. You may be asked to insert your XP CD.

pppc 22:54 08 Nov 06

VoG I did try scf last night - it finished while I was asleep with no message and running it had no effect.

P

p;3 20:13 09 Nov 06

of interest, how far back do your restore points go ?

pppc 22:05 09 Nov 06

p;3 27 october

p;3 23:20 09 Nov 06

have you got a link for the other thread in 3/8/06?(as in your first posting)

when you open your mail and go to file and the print option...what happens?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…