Printing emails in Outlook

shellship 17:17 08 Jan 08

Out of nowhere I find that when I want to print an email message from Outlook it will only print in memo style. Normally printing is as it is in MS Word. What has happened and how can I change it back please.

Sea Urchin 19:14 08 Jan 08

I don't know for sure, but you could try clicking on the File menu of Outlook, and then > Print. You will find a "Print Style" box with two options - Memo Style and Table Style. If Memo is selected try the other.

shellship 00:58 09 Jan 08

Thanks but no good. Default is Memo but Table view is printing thousands of things - I think all mails and headers................ Thank G I managed to stop it.

shellship 10:28 09 Jan 08

Bump

^wave^ 11:11 09 Jan 08

make sure that you have use ms word as editor set on your email options

shellship 14:55 09 Jan 08

Thanks but it is so set. Any other ideas please. Perhaps trying to repair MS Office might be a thought.

shellship 11:48 14 Jan 08

Still can't print incoming emails other than in memo or table style. Sent items print as they should. Any more ideas please.

Sea Urchin 12:06 14 Jan 08

You could try under the Outlook Help menu "Detect and Repair" if you've not already done so (may need your disk). Otherwise have you looked on the Help menu - type in Print Style - and quite a lot of info comes up, including how to create your own styles. I don't quite know what style you want to use - I personally print out emails using memo style (From, To and Subject at the top, and then the message).

shellship 12:39 14 Jan 08

Think I have cracked it. Memo style was 6" by 4" and I have changed that to the normal A4 dimensions and that seems to be all right. Still don't understand how the change arose, though. Thanks again.

Sea Urchin 17:02 14 Jan 08

One of the unsolved mysteries of computing life - but glad to hear it now seems to be OK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant