Printing email font size problem

ashodd 09:28 18 Jan 08

Hello all,

I've got a bit of a problem at the moment where when i print an email and it comes out the font size is really small making it very hard to read. It seems to happen randomly aswell which makes it hard to find the problem.

Any one had this problem before ?

Stuartli 09:42 18 Jan 08

If it's Outlook Express, go to View>Font size>choose Medium.

As OE shares some features with Internet Explorer, you may have to repeat the exercise in IE (Page>Text size for IE7).

anskyber 09:49 18 Jan 08

If you are using IE7 select print preview from the drop down menu of the print icon then alter the % to enlarge or reduce the size.

ashodd 09:52 18 Jan 08

Thanks for you help but the computer is running on Outlook 2000 and not Outlook Express.

I looked anyway just to see if the option was there but there was no luck.

Cheers

ashodd 09:55 18 Jan 08

In replying to anskyber, the problem appeared in IE7 for a while and that was how we fixed it however the problem at the moment seems only to be with printing emails and in Outlook 2000 there does not seem to be an print preview option.

Cheers

anskyber 09:59 18 Jan 08

Try in Outlook. Tools, options, mail format, fonts.

anskyber 10:05 18 Jan 08

print preview is available for Outlook under File , Print Preview but it does not work with HTML messages.

ashodd 10:24 18 Jan 08

I think the problem is a little more random than just changing a setting as it seems to be random when printing emails some times they are a normal size that can be read and others its so small you cant read it.

We think it may have something to emails that are sent in different formats. e.g. US Ascii or plain text or what ever. any theories ?

Stuartli 11:26 18 Jan 08

If printing out such e-mails is important, why not copy and paste the contents into Word or similar WP?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…