//some 3rd party need geo

Printing e-mails

altens 13:07 20 Apr 06

I can no longer print out e-mails.
I have BT Broadband and use BTYahoo mail. My OS is XP Home.
Any ideas?

pj123 13:16 20 Apr 06

Snap. Had the same problem for a while now.

I just copy and paste them into Word and print from there.

Genius1 13:23 20 Apr 06

Maybe this is a BT issue? You could try contacting them (if you've got a couple of hours to spare!)...

pj123 14:33 20 Apr 06

Sorry, should have said. I am not on BT BB I am on NTL BB.

The error message I get when trying to print any email (all the same) is:

"An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 1344

Char: 1

Error: Unspecified error

Code: 0

URL: res//c:\windows\system\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Yes No"

If I choose Yes or No I am brought back to the email. No print.

terryf 14:43 20 Apr 06

click here found using google with the term 'oe script errors' hope this helps

pj123 15:34 20 Apr 06

I tried regsvr32 ole32.dll in the run command and although it said successful it still won't print emails. Get the same error message. It is so simple to copy them into word and print from there it is not worth worrying about.

watchful 16:09 20 Apr 06

Or, you could open Notepad, highlight the text, right-click, copy and then right-click paste into Notepad.

pj123 16:20 20 Apr 06

Yes, or even Wordpad. Or in fact any other word processor you have.

the3musketeers 17:57 20 Apr 06

OK...I think we understand, any word processor that is capable of running on your PC will do, BUT, this is not an argument over who can be the smart ass, this is not helping Altens, and even if he can't do anything about it, I'm sure he'd still like to know why.

Sorry, I myself don't use it. Do as "terryf" has and google search every bit of the error message, but not all together, it is most likely you will get nothing.
I'd start by searching the "line" message...
Hope that helped.

remind 18:14 20 Apr 06
  watchful 18:21 20 Apr 06

I, for one, am certainly not trying to be a 'smart ass.' This is a beginners' forum and some beginners may want to know of alternative methods for printing out. Otherwise, 'terryf' has given good advice as most things can be solved by doing a Google search if you know the right words to put in. On the other hand, some problems prove to be little mysteries than no-one can solve.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…