Printing Draft Booklets

Micklemass 20:15 03 Oct 05

I have a word document of 12 A4 pages. To print two sheets to a page as a booklet I have had to increase the font size and this makes 44 pages. Then when printed two sheets to a page it is a reasonable size for reading.

It is so labour intensive but I cant' work out how to do it otherwise.

Have made them into PDF files but with an Epson CX3600 there doesn't appear to be the option of picking your own choice of pages only a range of consectutive ones. The cover is pages 1 and 44

Feel there must be a way but very much a dummy at the moment.

Hope that makes sense to someone

Cheers
Mick

hzhzhz 20:25 03 Oct 05

I have 3600 printer and I dont think it will print in booklet form. This is not much use but if you know someone with canon ip4000, this machine does a great job of booklets.Sorry I cant be of more help.

Micklemass 20:39 03 Oct 05

Thanks hzhzhz

Will have them printed professionally when ready but need a few as samples for people before then. Hopefully it will be edited down to a few less pages.

vinnyT 10:10 04 Oct 05

What prog are you trying to print from. I've just opened a muti-page doc in word 2000, selected print and was given the following options;

All
Current page
Pages (this is the 1 I think you want, if you just want to print pages 1 and 44 then you would enter 1,44, this would then print only those 2 pages on seperate sheets of paper).

Sorry if I have have misread or misunderstood what you are trying to do.

Also, you may find this easier on dedicated dtp software if you are going tobe doing this often.

You can get a free version of Serifs dtp (PagePlus SE) from here click here

Hope this helps.

vinnyT 10:12 04 Oct 05

Sorry that should read

All

Current page

Pages (this is the 1 I think you want, if you just want to print pages 1 and 44 then you would enter 1,44, this would then print only those 2 pages on seperate sheets of paper).

Simsy 10:21 04 Oct 05

Fineprint It's a printer tool that will do just what you want.

click here

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Micklemass 11:08 04 Oct 05

Thanks for the comments and tips. Will have a go with Fineprint Simsy. Also Vinny T thats OK if I print single A4 pages but need to end up with A5 size when folded.

Cheers
Mick will let you know how it goes.

Micklemass 16:31 04 Oct 05

In the end have an a4 document with verdana 12pt font. Then using the cx3600 to print 2 pages per sheet and scale to a4. At least can use the one document and page numbers stay the same.

Looked at all the others and just got in a mess although will keep looking at them . I see the cx3600 does give an option for folded booklets etc but couldn't get it to do what I wanted

Thanks to all
Mick

Simsy 18:52 04 Oct 05

though it would be cumbersome with that many pages, you do have the option, within "Word", to print 2 pages per sheet;

File>Print... then in the "zoom" box, bottom left, you can choose how many pages per sheet of paper.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…