//some 3rd party need geo

printing a DOS screen

Legolas 18:53 24 Oct 03

Is there a way of printing a DOS screen. When I boot into the a: prompt with a boot up floppy there is text I would like to print out. I tried using the 'print screen' key but it did'nt appear to work.

Djohn 19:08 24 Oct 03

My first 98se system would print from DOS screen. I can't remember though if this was because DOS7 was installed as a full program and 98se laid over the top, or because my printer [Epson 600] at the time, was DOS enabled. But yes it did, and I printed off all my boot sequence at the time. j.

Legolas 19:11 24 Oct 03

It might be a problem with XP I imagine. I,ll give it another go with printscreen.

woodchip 19:21 24 Oct 03

XP is not true DOS it is imitation, if you press print screen try pasting into Word processor

Djohn 19:24 24 Oct 03

Having another thought about this. For print screen to work through XP, then XP will need to be loaded, which of course it isn't while still in DOS. Must have been because the printer could work from DOS. Regards. j.

VoG II 19:25 24 Oct 03

Yep, woodchip's right.

I just tried it ALT+PRTSCRN to copy (just the Command Prompt screen) and it pasted into Word perfectly.

Djohn 19:28 24 Oct 03

Good old woodchip. I knew it could be done but ages since I'd tried. j.

Legolas 19:28 24 Oct 03

Thanks for the replies. VoG when you say you printed the command prompt screen was this the a: prompt screen or the command prompt within win XP?

Legolas 19:30 24 Oct 03

woodchip I tried booting into the a: prompt from floppy and using print screen and pasting it into MS Word but it does'nt work.

graham√ 19:40 24 Oct 03

Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt. Have Word open on the taskbar. 'prt scr', open Word and paste.

Pesala 19:45 24 Oct 03

Before windows is loaded, how can one copy the screen to the clipboard. The only way AFAIK is to connect a printer to the parallel port and print to that. This doesn't work with USB printers apparently. The only other way would be to take a picture with a digital camera.

You could try pencil and paper.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…