Printing delays & print spooler

Creditman 00:24 01 Jul 04

I gave command to print 1 page of a PDF file (windows XP home to HPPSC 2115)& the usual green dots window flashed across screen. 30 mins later I am still waiting. On looking at print queue I see that the file to be printed is over 1mb ! How come ? It's only 1 page. Rather than carry on waiting I cancelled the print job, but the status seems stuck on " deleting". Then I tried to hibernate but got a message that hibernation was not possible due to print spooler running. So I tried to disable the print spooler-but was told this can't be done whilst docs are queuing -but I had cancelled it! How can I get out of this ? Is it worth having print spooler turned on ? (I am sole user & am not networking). Thanks

Cesar 08:42 01 Jul 04

Go to Control Panel click on Printers and Faxes right click on your printer click on the advanced tab and make sure that "Print directly to Printer" is selected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…