Printing Off Contents of Windows Media Player 10

AlanRLong50 19:27 03 Jul 05

Hello.I've a question that puzzles me and the experts.I want to print off the entire contents of Windows Media Player 10 onto two lists.The first would be by artist and by title with the second being by title and by artist.Given there are 30,000 track and artist listings,it will be a long job.However,there seems to be no way of printing either list from WMP 10.If you have found a way to print off such a list,how did you do it please? Neither my computer supplier software support centre or Microsoft have anything about this.I am very grateful indeed for your kind help and hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

bremner 19:31 03 Jul 05

Don't know if it is possible with WMP but it certainly is with iTunes click here for the download

Rogerfredo 20:40 03 Jul 05

Goto microsoft site and download "Winter Player pack" .
This enables you to copy playlists to Excel, where you can change which columns you require.
(This pack was originally for Windows Media player 9 but works with 10.)

Rogerfredo 20:44 03 Jul 05

Its actually called "Winter Fun Pack 2003"

Rogerfredo 16:28 05 Jul 05

So did this help?

AlanRLong50 21:00 05 Jul 05

Yes,thank you very much for your kind help. I've downloaded this pack and all I now have to do is work out how to use it. I've not used it yet,but once I've fathomed it out,I'll try it on a small selection of my music under 'Q' as there are the least number of entries there. If I can do this correctly then i'll attempt to do the whole lot of 30,000 entries.I'm not talented enough at this 'novice' level to do it all in one go! Thanks again and all the best.

AlanRLong50 16:09 06 Jul 05

Thought you might like to know that today I learn I don't have Excel within the Windows XP Home edition as put on my computer when I bought it in April. I've been on the net to find out how much Excel would cost to put in and i'm not paying out £129.00 for it! I guess I'll have to keep the list on the computer after all!

Rogerfredo 16:14 08 Jul 05

You might find that it will work with one of the free "office" clones, which usually will load Excel files. These are often given away with magazine cover discs.Open Office is one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…