Printing CD's on R300

jack 08:26 29 Nov 05

Having come back from this weekend computer fair with among other goodies a bulk pack of printable CD's I am ready to have a real go at it.
I have had success with printing in the past but find the Epson print disk software a little Naf compared to the label program I am used to.
So I am going to see if the print disk facilty will indeed print on a disk with out the native program.
Any one had a go at this, any tips, before the coaster bin fills up?

€dstowe 10:34 29 Nov 05

I don't find the Epson Print Disk program at all naff. Are you sure you're using it correctly?

It will do anything I could possibly want to be printed on a disk and we've used it for commercial prototypes.

pj123 12:03 29 Nov 05

I also found nothing wrong with the Epson Print Disk program. I have only used it a couple of times (just to try it).

My main label printing program is Discus from:

click here

It has templates for any label you care to mention (including R200 and R300 direct to disk).

Unfortunately, because the program plus all the templates and artwork is huge (about 800mb) it can't be dowloaded. There is a demo version you can download but it prints "DEMO" across anything you print.

Smiler 12:25 29 Nov 05

I too have used the epson program to good effect.
Do you mean naff because you can't get many effects etc within the program, if so you can make a disc lable in another program such as paintshop pro save it as a jpeg then insert it and print it using the epson program

jack 13:24 29 Nov 05

Smiler you are right - what I meant by naff was the seemginly small native library ,
I have in the interim dicovered i can access the library of my favourite programs with its backgrounds/images and ableas Smiler said - access PSP and even create a full lable in PSP and import it.

So thats the way to do it

Meanwhile however the R300 is acting up see new thread.
If it aint one thing its another

Smiler 11:30 01 Dec 05

can you give us a link to the new thread or it's title please

PS don't forget to tick this thread as resolved :-)

Smiler 11:31 01 Dec 05

Oops sorry see you have already ticked it :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…