printing onto cd/dvd

DrLector 19:52 18 Dec 05

im am trying to print onto a dvd with my new printer,a Epson stylus Photo R220 ,i load the disk onto the tray to the mark and click print having set the printer to cd/dvd ,the disk go's in,the printer runs over it ones and then spits the tray and disk back out with a masseage saying the priner tray maynot be alined.
has anybody elce had problems like this,
any iders ?
Thanks

howard63 20:13 18 Dec 05

you have turned the cd over haven't you? you print on the other side of the cd to that which has the data written to. Also you need special cds that are made for printing on.

Gongoozler 20:14 18 Dec 05

Hi DrLector. I had exactly the same problem with my new R220 (free with an Aculaser C3000). The problem was caused by the printer being too near the wall behind it, so the CD carrier was hitting the wall!

Totally-braindead 20:16 18 Dec 05

I would suggest from what you say that the tray is perhaps not inserted correctly hence the printer is unable to print on the disk. Suggest you remove the tray and try reinserting it and see if that helps.

Stuartli 20:38 18 Dec 05

I have an Epson R300 - the manual states that you should clean the roller inside the printer by feeding and ejecting a piece of A4 plain paper about half a dozen times.

It only requires this cleaning method once.

Stuartli 20:40 18 Dec 05

I tried to get the R220 but, unfortunately, they seem to be like gold dust at the moment; may be due to the R240 being released but this only uses four cartridges.

Gongoozler 09:38 19 Dec 05

Hi DrLector. You indicate that you have resolved your problem. What was the cure?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…