Printing CD Labels

ponytail 11:58 04 Jul 09

Can someone advise on the best method of printing adhesive CD labels.My printer is a epson stylus photo 900.When I bought my version of Nero6 some years back it came with a red plastic disc which I presume is used to print these labels.It also came with a few blank labels but when I tried one in my printer the print did not line up with the perforations I also bought a pack of CD/DVD labels which are two to a sheet but the top one is on the left and the bottom one is on the right so the print does not line up again with the perforations.Can someone advise.

jack 12:16 04 Jul 09

click here
Take a trawl through this lot.
You will need the pre cut labels of course.
Very often places like Ryman will sell a kit labels and software disk
Or[and perhaps in the list above] mail order.
It has to be said however there is always the risk of lables coming unstack and creating havoc in the player.
The trend is to move to printers that have disk printing capability- Epson R 200/300 series machines for example.

190119 12:43 04 Jul 09

I used to use Nero 6 and it has an option for "calibration" so the printing will line up with whatever disc sheet you are using. Bit fiddely but it does the job o.k.

Technotiger 13:44 04 Jul 09

That printer has the capability to print direct to Printable CD's - no need to mess about with sticky labels. Printable CD's are Blank White on one side. Also there is no worry about lining up labels, the CDs sit in a tray which has a marker to line up the CD when you slot the tray into the printer. Results thus are quite professional.

click here

100andthirty 13:44 04 Jul 09

Also, I beleive your rpinter has the facilty to print directly onto a CD - and you can buy CD's that are coated such that they will accept the ink. The epson came with software to allow this and a suitable CD holder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant