Printing a book with photographs?

1936 10:50 17 Sep 05

I wrote a book called "Sea View Camping and Caravan Sites in Britain" gave the copy on disc to the printer and it was printed. I then wrote a sequal where I dragged a photograph to each page where there was a site and sized by clicking on the arrows it so it fitted on that page. I gave the copy to the printer but he can not make it run.
Is there a better way to size a photograph or
does anyone have any sugestions?

Catastrophe 10:57 17 Sep 05

I have found no problems printing myself and using Word or Serif PagePlus. In the first instance I use the 'insert' from file and in the latter the picture icon.

Maybe the printer needs a special format?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:57 17 Sep 05

What format are the pictures? jpeg, bitmap,? It may be that the printers program does not recognise the fle format.

I regularly write instruction manuals and insert pictures (.jpg )in just the same way as you described without any problems.

Yoda Knight 11:02 17 Sep 05

If the problem is as Fruitbat has mentioned above, I would seriously re-evalute my choice of Printers !

If this is his main source of income I would expect him to be knowledgable in the various file types used, including how to open them and export to a different format if needed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…