Printing to base PC via the web

Mjones68 14:54 08 Jun 07

We have an ISDN ADSL modem/router which my wife and use to connect to the web (linked by ethernet cables). We sometimes add a Wifi Router on to this, so that my wife/guests can surf from different parts of the house. When my wife wants to print something out, she has to email it to me and then I print it on our lazer printer, which is connected to my PC by USB. Is there anyway that:

1) My wife can print something out directly, but without a USB connection to our printer (I presume this would have to come via my PC, I'd just rather if it happened automatically rather than an email into my outlook program)

2) My wife could access some files on my PC from her PC (without actually setting up a physical network). This would be useful, as I could then leave my machine as the Base, at night for example and use her PC in a quiet part of the house to access my files, while the kids sleep.

Thanks

brundle 15:46 08 Jun 07

Try Hamachi, share a folder on each machine and the printer. click here

Check `update` when you've installed it, it's actually up to version 1.0.2.2 but that's not reflected on the site.

Woolwell 22:53 08 Jun 07

Have you set up a home network?

If you have you should be able to exchange documents via shared folders and be able to share the laser printer over the network.

For printer sharing over a network click here

For more general network click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…