printing in B &W

unitedman 18:52 18 Nov 10

I have a Epson PX710W printer and want to print in B & W , how do I change the settings?

mooly 19:05 18 Nov 10

Haven't got your model but if it's like my Epson then you need to access the advanced menu that you have the option of entering when you actually print something and on mine there is a tick box to select B and W only. Think you can store these as custom profiles to, to use in future.

Also,
click here

click here

Muergo 19:06 18 Nov 10

On my Canon printer I just go into Properties and select "Grayscale", this gives the best reproduction of photographs as it uses more than just the black cartridge and gives better tones.

I only use B&W for straight text copying, but then it doesn't save much as the black cartridge costs as much as the colour.

You may have a printer with two blacks, carbon "sooty" black and "vegetable" which has a bluish tone to it usually better for photos.

unitedman 20:02 18 Nov 10

Greyscale was the answer----Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…