printing again

wendrick 15:12 03 Sep 03

i posted aproblem with printing from the internet in may. yet again i'm having the same problem to be honest i think i gave up last time but want to try again as the infromaton is quite important.
lat time i was asked how i was trying to do this and i can say that this time i have tried to select all the print by the print on my top pannel along side the file/edit/ and that didn't work, i then tried to go into file and print it that way but that didn't work either. the last ting i tried to do was go to the bar at the bottom of the screen and click on the printer on there but that didn't work either.can anyone help me and this time i will let you know how i do it so others can use the iformation later.

crocodile36 15:36 03 Sep 03

With the screen showing what you want to print, press ALT/PRINT SCREEN. Open a word processor such as word and you will find what you want on the clipboard. Just "paste" it in.

wendrick 15:47 03 Sep 03

that hasn't worked with alt/print screen.i have windows xp is there any way i can use thse to help

Taff36 16:10 03 Sep 03

Are you trying to copy:
a) Just text
b) Text & pictures
c) the entire web page
and what do you want to do with it when it`s printed.

What kind of printer are you using and is it XP professional or home edition?

SEASHANTY 16:30 03 Sep 03

Have you tried holding down the "CONTROL" key and pressing "P" key at the same time. This should bring up your default printer options screen. Its just a matter then of selecting what you need from the web page by selecting preferences then clicking on "OK" on the printer window. That's all I do to print from a webpage using XP home with my default Epson printer.

Wak 19:05 03 Sep 03

It sounds as if your printer isn't compatable with Win XP or else the drivers aren't installed properly.
Can you check the details in Device Manager???

crocodile36 19:43 03 Sep 03

I'm sorry that the ALT/PRINT SCREEN method did not work for you. I am running Win XP Home on an Athlon 2200+ computer and an Epson 895 Photo printer. It works both with Word 97 and Lotus AmiPro 3.1.

It also works on my wife's Pentium III 500MHz machine running Windows 98SE. So I assumed that it was probably OK.

I hope that someone else can help.

marjted 20:27 03 Sep 03

Have you tried 'SELECT ALL' from the Edit menu
Then 'COPY'
open up your word processor and PASTE.
Might give you an alternative.

SEASHANTY 15:38 04 Sep 03

On XP Home pressing ALT and PRINT SCREEN together will copy the web page to the Clipboard viewer. You can then select what you want and copy and paste. If you just want a selection of text (or pictures) from say one frame of the web page then press the capitals key (The UP arrow) once only then starting at the bottom RIGHT of the text from the frame you wish to copy, hold down the left mouse button and run along the bottom line from right to left without letting go the button then slowly move upwards (still holding down the button). This will highlight the text in blue. when it reaches the top of the page the webpage will start to roll down and it will all be highlighted until you let go the button. This leaves you with a selection of highlighted text which can then be printed by pressing and holding CTRL then pressing the letter P. This will bring up the printer screen and by clicking to leave the dot in "SELECTION" only the highlighted text will be printed. This saves printer ink by only printing the bits that you want and not the entire web page. I constantly use this method and it always works.

wendrick 14:21 05 Sep 03

seashanty thank you for your posting it was the one that work i highlighted all the text that you had writen then pressed ctrl p and the print information came up and then i was able to print.
thanks to all the postings and advice maybe this will help some one else as well cheers people;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5