Printing Address Labels

Granddad Ray 14:08 28 Nov 06

For many years now I have printed address labels in sequence on sheets of labels for my Christmas cards from an Excel database. My problem is that I have simply forgotten how to do it. Can anybody help and aging old fart

Jackcoms 14:11 28 Nov 06

Possibly by having each address in a different cell in an Excel worksheet and then printing the entire worksheet??

VoG II 14:15 28 Nov 06

Did you use Mail Merge in Word, using the Excel file as the Data Source?

brambles 15:21 28 Nov 06

In Word Tools > Mail Merge
Create - select Mailing Labels from available drop down list.
Get Data - Open Data Source - now as VoG™ suggests you might - you want file Type MS Excel Worksheets - select the file containing the database.
Setup main document OK
Select label size OK
Insert merge fields ---it will all come back to you.

When you have a fully merged label print on the screen ready for printing ..Save it as Xmas 2006 labels.
Brambles

Granddad Ray 15:31 28 Nov 06

Tried to use Mail Merge but I could not get it to recognise an Excel file as the source. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Can I have step by step instructions?

shellship 15:41 28 Nov 06

I'm a granddad, too, but I have used a bit of software - Avery Design Pro (and its predecessor) - for years for my Christmas cards and you can add pretty pictures to the labels too.

Granddad Ray 16:06 28 Nov 06

Thanks to you all. Job Now done

TheWhiteSeal 11:32 09 May 08

Hi there,

On the subject of address labels, i never really had much look getting my label printer to print them. I seemed to spend more time messing around with the printer than getting the address labels to print. In the end i decided to give up on the whole DIY approach and i got a british labels company to print my <a href="click here">address labels</a> instead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced