Printing on A3 paper

pittza 11:34 30 Aug 08

My daughter needs to print some homework on A3 size paper, I have been told that we can do this at our local Staples store, my question is: Do we have to alter the page set up in microsoft word or do we just save her work to a memory stick and let the printer at staples do the rest? Thanks in advance
Pitza.

Marko797 12:01 30 Aug 08

someone may correct me on this, but I think that because your computer at home is possibly only linked to a printer capable of A4, that the option to print on A3 might not appear.

Your daughter, I think, would have to produce the work on a document which is A3 (maybe you have an old A3 template document somewhere on your Hard Drive), then take it on pen-drive to Staples.

Failing that, she may have to do it on A4, and ask Staples if she can transfer it to A3 at their store, but she would have to adjust the document for A3 while with them. Not sure if they would let her do this, or whether they would do it for her. Sorry this is a bit lengthy.

Taff™ 14:51 30 Aug 08

Most A3 Printers have a scaling facility and can enlarge from A4. Similarly most A4 printers can scale down to 6x4 for example. To be sure I`d just phone up Staples before you take it down.

Pineman100 16:56 30 Aug 08

Unless you simply want to blow your A4 page up to A3 (including the text size), you will need to set the page size to A3.

The following instructions apply to Word 2000 - I don't know whether other version will vary a bit.

In Word, on the File menu, go to Page Setup. Click the Paper Size tab and in the Paper Size window, click the down arrow.

Scroll right down to the bottom of the list of available paper sizes, and you'll find the word "Custom". Click on this. For A3 portrait, specify a height of 42cm and a width of 29.7cm (reverse these if you want landscape).

Click OK and you'll probably get a warning that your paper size is outside the printable area. Click Ignore, and your file page size will be set as A3.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…