Printing A1 size from Publisher 2003

AFoxyLady 20:56 08 Sep 08

I have designed an A1 poster in Publisher 2003. My problem is printing it!

I would like to be able to choose to print it as one document, as I have a friend who has a large printer and can print this size document.

Unfortunately when I go to "Print" and then convert it to a PDF - it saves it as 16 individual pages! It is too clever and is assuming I only have an A4 printer.

Is there any way I can produce this as "one document" so it can be printed in one go?

I have tried producing it in word, but it will not let me make the custom size paper big enough.

It makes no difference if I try to "print" as a document or convert it to a PDF using PrimoPDF.

VoG II 21:11 08 Sep 08

You need to be connected to the 'large' printer before this will work.

AFoxyLady 21:20 08 Sep 08

Bother! The friend does not have publisher - Is there any way that I can set up a page in word that is A1 size, or fool it into thinking I able to print larger sizes?

Marko797 21:32 08 Sep 08

maybe u cud pdf the doc and then email it to whoever has an A1 printer? Should work if the recipient has Adobe Reader I would think.

AFoxyLady 21:54 08 Sep 08

Trouble is when I pdf it - it converts it to 16 pages still - its a tad frustrating especially as I need them for a show at the weekend!

€dstowe 21:58 08 Sep 08

I don't wish to appear sarcastic but, I'm very surprised that someone with an A1 printer (which are far from common) doesn't have a facility to be able to at least read Publisher files, even if they don't have the software installed.

Marko797 22:00 08 Sep 08

but I'm sure u can join/merge the pages in pdf, can't u?

Why are u printing then saving to pdf, and not saving to pdf first by the way?

AFoxyLady 22:07 08 Sep 08

€dstowe - they have CAD software - I have no idea if CAD they use can read publisher files, but do not think so.

Marko797 - the pdf conversion software I am using is called Primo pdf - and to convert to a pdf you go to file and print, and then choose Primo - it then converts your document into a pdf format. I then get 16 individual pages, which is great if I want to print via my own A4 printer, and then join them all together to make up the A1 poster I require. Might have to go this route if all else fails, but it does look very amatuerish I feel especially as I am going to a show.

Thanks for the pointers though - but looks like my particular problem is not going to be solved very easily.

Marko797 22:13 08 Sep 08

as a last resort here, are u using pub 2007?

If u are u can save as pdf or xps, or a variety of formats.

Might be worth playing with, then shoot it over to your friend?

AFoxyLady 22:17 08 Sep 08

Thanks Marko797, but I only have 2003 version. I have tried saving as a word document, but it can / will only save text, so I lose all the formatting etc.

I have even tried doing all of it in word, but I can't set a custom page of A1 size in word - no matter what I try it just will not let me.

Marko797 22:29 08 Sep 08

size is 59.4 x 84.1 cm I think.

Really last resort, set page parameters as above and save as JPEG under save options.

Really really last resort, get your friend to install Pub.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…