Printers for Windows 95? any ideas

Gravygirl 18:42 15 Apr 05

Pls help am trying to help someone with little money who has NEVER used a PC before in their life. Have got a system for buttons, and even managed to find an ISP - but I need to find a printer that will work with Windows 95 - Any ideas anyone??
many thanks for your support
Gravygirl

Buchan 35 20:16 15 Apr 05

I`ve got an Epson Perfection 1200 that was given to me by my niece with a PC that had Win 95 installed. I`ve never used it and cannot say whether it`s working or not. It appears to be OK and if you live nearby I`ll deliver it. If you like you can yellow envelope me and only state the area you live in.

Buchan 35 20:19 15 Apr 05

Please accept my apologies. I obviously did`nt read your thread correctly. What an ass

csqwared 20:24 15 Apr 05

The Epson C62 will run on Win 95 - just make sure you get the correct drivers. If you do a 'Google' for Epson Support you shouldm find drivers downloadable from there. You should also be able to tell from the drivers listed what other printers are compatable. I woild think this also applies to other major producers.

Jackcoms 20:25 15 Apr 05

I used to use an HP 650 with Win 95 - a very good, colour printer.

You can no longer buy them new, but you may be able to pick one up from e-bay or somewhere similar

Technotiger 20:34 15 Apr 05

Hi, just a thought, but in my area Southsea, there are several charity shops - help the aged/age concern and various others, they frequently have very cheap but working printers which have been donated by people who have done upgrades. These printers can be as cheap as £5 but still very usable.

As I said - just a thought.

Cheers.

denali 23:28 15 Apr 05

Gravygirl I have two. Both working perfectly and with the install disks. I live in Richmond, Surrey. If you are anyway near They are yours.

canard 23:48 15 Apr 05

Epson Stylus color 300 was designed for Win 95. I got one bundled with Win 98Se. It's slow and despised but has outlived two of my daughter's up to date models. AND it's very cheap!
Ink can be hard to find but Smith's sell it and Choices do a good bargain cartridge.
I've used it for five years with no bother of any sort.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009