Printers, particularly Epson

Kegsy 12:47 09 Oct 03

Have had a Epson C60 for over a year now and my sister has the same model. We both seem to be forever getting lines across when printing in colour and having to go through the nozzle cleaning procedure, often more than once. Does anyone else have problems? We have HP's at work and never seem to have any problems. Also HP's run much more quietly.

MichelleC 13:19 09 Oct 03

My son's hp needs his nozzles cleaning. I'll have to look up to see how it's done.

wags 13:27 09 Oct 03

Do you use the printer regularly, as if not, you will often find that the nozzles get blocked. I experienced this with an Epson 760 and wasted a lot of ink in the process of running cleaning utilities etc.

I now have a Canon which so far has exhibited no such problem and is whisper quiet :)

Kegsy 13:32 09 Oct 03

I suspected that might be the problem, no I don't use it frequently. Thanks Wags

Wak 14:22 09 Oct 03

I have found that printing half a line of text in BLACK, RED, BLUE and YELLOW using a size 20/24 font approx every 7/10 days will keep the nozzles from drying out and the ink flowing. It may use a little ink but probably not as much as when doing a nozzle clean once or twice.
It could also save the cost of replacing the cartridge(s).

woodchip 14:34 09 Oct 03

And set it to maximum resolution print to clean all the jets

Wak 09:08 10 Oct 03

Thanks Woodchip, I forgot to mention about the best printing mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5