Printer wont stop printing

Ellion 13:04 19 Dec 04

I'm running Xp with sp2 and using an epson stylus color 400. After a paper jam the printer wont syop printing pages of gobledy gook! I have tried canceling all documents, turning off the power and even uninstalling the damn thing. Every time I re-install it starts again. HELP PLEASE!

€dstowe 13:13 19 Dec 04

I know you have tried turning off the power but have a go at pulling the plug from the printer while it is switched on printing its rubbish. This has worked with other erring printers so it may work with this one.

Pulling the plug is supposed to cause a reset of the printer hardware.

Worth a try.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:24 19 Dec 04

Have you got bugbear?
click here

Dorsai 13:43 19 Dec 04

Sounds more like the printer was turned off part way through printing (to clear the paper jam). When turned back on the printer carried on where it left off printing, but as it has not started at the beginning of the doc, it is not able to interpret the instructions correctly, Hence reams of rubbish.

I normally find the best option, after deleting all doc's in the print queue, is to unplug the power cable from printer for a few mins to clear the printers internal memory, and while the printer is off, reboot the PC, as this will alert you to any docs that have been spooled, but not yet sent to the printer, giving you the option to cancell them.

Ellion 14:34 19 Dec 04

I've tried the above and checked for bugbear, still churning out rubbish!

Ellion 16:42 19 Dec 04

For any one with the same problem in the future.
I removed the printer, then in the printers folder click on file, server properties and then the driver tab. Remove the driver. Shut down, disconnect the printer and Re-boot. Go to the folder: windows/system 32/spool/printers and remove all the files. Shut down re-connect the printer and re-boot. Once it re-installed the problem was cured.

spuds 16:58 19 Dec 04

If you have any further problems, you could try Epson's e-talk support click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…