Printer won't print emails from OE

thumbscrew 22:36 PM 04 Mar 13

I haven't used my HP D2500 printer for some time. Tonight when I tried I discovered that it won't print emails from Outlook Express. It works with everything else, including Gmail. Can anyone help please?

difarn 08:39 AM 05 Mar 13

Are you getting an error message? Is your printer driver up to date? Which version of IE are you using? Has this been updated?

thumbscrew 09:38 AM 05 Mar 13

Thanks difarn, read some more info and realising it's an IE problem. Some time ago I discovered I'd lost the IE menu bar completely (I always use Firefox). Everything's vanished, "Tools"...the lot, so unsure which version I've got. No error messages and it prints everything else including Gmails. I'm on XP>

difarn 10:01 AM 05 Mar 13

Have you tried pressing Alt to make the tool bar pop up in IE? This article has a fix-it if this doesn't work.

When you get this tool bar back - click on Help, About and it should show the version.

If an update doesn't resolve it you could try reinstalling the printer or looking to see if any of these solutions help.

thumbscrew 10:13 AM 05 Mar 13

Thanks again difarn, no response to "Alt". Looked at the fix-its and tried run/regsvr32ole32.d11, but that wasn't recognised.

SparkyJack 11:51 AM 05 Mar 13

If the top bar is till there use the 'save as' function,direct the tp a folder [or make one] thwn try to print from there. or with mail on screen press CTRL and p- This should actvate the printer to print screen content

difarn 13:44 PM 05 Mar 13

You could go into add/remove programmes, find Internet Explorer and click on repair to see if that has any effect.

Woolwell 14:15 PM 05 Mar 13

See if Internet Explorer (no-add ons) works. Found through all programs, accessories, system tools. Then in Tools, Internet Options, Advanced - reset Internet Explorer settings.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone