Printer wont print

merc. 18:48 09 Nov 09

Have posted this in networking but have had no response,may be not as popular as helproom so try here.

trying to set up my new laptop with windows 7 to my network with 2 computers on XP, after a bit of internet exploring I think I have manage to get things half sorted, problem is.

My main desktop has the printer Epson RX585 connected to it, it is XP my old laptop XP also can print, I can see the desktop and printer in my new laptop on the internet map (as they call it)but it wont print a document when requested.

One of the times is came up with "no drivers found", so was wondering if I would need to put a separate driver on my new laptop, did not have to on old laptop.

Thanks

Merc

merc. 21:01 09 Nov 09

bump

Woolwell 21:57 09 Nov 09

Not having Windows 7 but I can hazard a guess from using Vista and XP. You will need to find a Windows 7 driver for the Epson and install it on the new laptop.

merc. 22:02 09 Nov 09

Woolwell
thanks for that,have just this minute found something on Epsons site, driver for my printer. Will give it a go tomorrow.

Merc

merc. 11:55 10 Nov 09

Have found the driver from Epson,but was wondering if I have to put the new driver onto my desktop (with XP) to update the old driver which has the printer installed to, or do I have put the driver on my new laptop with the windows 7

Hope this makes sense

Merc

harps1h 12:10 10 Nov 09

you need to put the drivers for each OS on the relevant system. in your case it is already on the XP systems so they should be alright.
what you need to do now is install the relevant driver for Win 7 on the laptop, making sure it is named the same as on the other 2 systems

merc. 12:42 10 Nov 09

harps1h

Thanks for that will go ahead and download to new laptop and see if that will let me print from it.

Might be back, joys of new technology!!!!

Merc

DESNL 14:27 10 Nov 09

I have the above purporting to execute Printer Fax Scanner and Copier
Whilst it scans and copies as well as faxes, when trying to print from my computer the item goes to documents in waiting instead of direct to print. Using the wireless trasnsfer with my laptop the printer works, so muat be a setting item in my computer.
Any ideas please

Woolwell 14:39 10 Nov 09

You've hijacked a thread - should start your own.

merc. 17:23 10 Nov 09

Have tried to install my Epson driver to my new windows 7 laptop half way through the set up it ask me to select a port which there are 10 off.

LPT1,2 &3 printer port
COM 1,2,3,&4 serial port
File- print to file
Sharefax- fax monitor port
XPS port- local port
Any ideas what one I should select

When I look in my desktop my printer is connected to USB port
Thanks again
Merc

merc. 18:54 10 Nov 09

Selected LPT 1 and process went fine even printed test page.

Will try and sort out my wireless problem now my be back.

Thanks all

Merc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac