Printer won't -the fault finder is clueless

jack 12:15 17 Jun 04

Tuesday evening
Set up a series if individual prints for my lovely R300 - printed ok
Set up a composite page -and it just sat although the puter said'all is happening '- it wasn't
The printer options panel said it was - then a yellow warning came up telling it failed.
So I shut up shop and went to bed.

Wednesday evening
Started up -went on line and whilst I was doing this printer started chuntering and printed Tuesdays picture.

Thursday
Typed a short note, selected the black only printer [an ancient Mannesman laser] clicked print, printer started flashing, [saying I'm coming]but it didn't and 'print failed' warning came up.
Shut it down went to mow lawn, had a cup of coffee, started machine -'puter not mower - and as the background came on and before the desktop finished building
The Mannesman spat out the note.

So one new printer one old printer and an old geezer infront of the machine
Why do printers/'puter/old geezer not print unless restarted.

Stuartli 13:10 17 Jun 04

It could be something to do with the configuration of the printer spooler or print preferences - the print jobs appear to be earmarked as required, but something is stopping them doing so.

Sometimes the printer may have been Paused inadvertently and is waiting to be told to continue.

My own printer, an eight-year-old Canon BJC600e, takes a few seconds before actually starting printing; the list of items can be found by double-clicking on the printer symbol in the Taskbar tray.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…