Printer windows 7

catpwss 15:28 23 Jan 11

Hi,regarding ealier posting 'old printer and W7.Now have decided to get a new mono laser printer to replace the older one.Now if I get one that will work on windows 7,Will it also work on the XP desktop.
thanks.c.

gengiscant 15:42 23 Jan 11

I have a Samsung SCX-4623FN which is a mono printer/copier/scanner. This is a networked printer and had installed on my XP PC prior to my new build which is Windows 7.

Works great with both. Providing there are XP drivers for which ever printer you choose you should have no bother at all.

catpwss 15:56 23 Jan 11

If I buy a new printer it will be connected to the main desktop via an usb cable which is XP,Now i have a windows7 laptop running wirelessly down stairs so I would want this printer to connect to my laptop.I have now git a HP1010 and I cant get it to connect to the W7 laptop tried all sorts,If you have any suggestions i would be mostly gratefull.I managed to get a more modern epson to connect with no problem.
Thanks for response.c.

gengiscant 16:37 23 Jan 11

Unfortunately the HP 1010 does not seem to have Windows 7 support. You might get it to work by plugging it directly into the Windows 7 laptop, if that does not work just keep it plugged into the XP for a spare.

I have the HP Officejet 6000, click here which I have just bought for my colour printing. This printer is either USB or Ethernet or wireless, very simple to set up.

catpwss 16:44 23 Jan 11

Many thanks for thr info.

gengiscant 17:31 23 Jan 11

Your welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5