Printer will only print first 3 pages of a multipage doc.

SparkyJack 12:31 PM 03 Jan 12

In attempting to print multipage documents of late- the printer will print 3 pages and then error- the error will clear by opening and closing the paper drawer-- where upon instead of completing the run the machine will repeat ther first three pages.

I get over this by going to to the page selector panel and printing the remaining pages as singles.

This is a recent occurrence, and have so far been unable to resolve it - any ideas?

Computer - Ubuntu 10.10

Printer Dell1320C

xania 13:19 PM 03 Jan 12

My first thought is that perhaps your system HHD is too full to store a complete cache print file. Check you system drive and delete (including the Recylce bin) as much as you can.

SparkyJack 14:17 PM 03 Jan 12

Thank you for that thought Certainly it wolud seem the spooler/printer cache size seems a possibility

But the Hard drive space is not a likely culprit it is 1tb and barely 10% used

xania 17:37 PM 03 Jan 12

Just checking - all the 1Tb is a single virtual drive or is it partitioned? If partitioned, how much left on the drive your system is on?

SparkyJack 12:15 PM 05 Jan 12

All one partition - in Ubuntu 10.10

I am going to reconfigure shortly to run Windoze XP and Ubuntu as a dual system

Which I had previously on a 250 Gb drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016